PADI Assistant Instructor
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course builds upon your leadership skills and focuses on developing your abilities as a dive educator. The course is an ideal way to prepare for the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and Instructor Exam (IE).
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or leadership level with another recreational diver training organisation.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Submit a medical statement for a diving medical examination, which states you are fit for diving, conducted within the past 12 months.
- Have completed and logged at least 60 dives.
- Successfully complete a knowledge and skill preassessment.
- CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months.
- Complete all independent learning sections online through PADI eLearning. Subject include General Standards and Procedures, Risk Management, Teaching PADI Specialty Diver Courses and others.
- Knowledge Development Teaching Presentation 1 and 2
- 4 Es Counseling Workshop 1
- Teaching in Confined Water
- Skills Demonstrations Workshop
- Confined Water Teaching Presentation 1 and 2
- Conducting Open Water Dives
- Open Water Teaching Presentation 1
- Rescue Exercise Workshop
- Present two knowledge development teaching presentations, scoring a minimum of 3.5 on at least one.
- Present two confined water teaching presentations, scoring a minimum of 3.4 on at least one.
- Present one integrated (two skills) open water teaching presentation, scoring a minimum of 3.4 on each skill.
- Perform all 20 dive skills in the Skill Evaluation, scoring a minimum of 68 total points, with no individual score below 3.
- Score 75 percent on the PADI Systems, Standards and Procedures Exam
The cost of the PADI Assistant Instructor Course is £300. This doesnt include the PADI Instructor Crewpack - £350. Also there is a £200 fee paid directly to PADI for the eLearning part of the program.