Lundy Dive 2013 Packages selling now....
Call or email to
PADI Seal Team for 8-10 Year Olds - £189
The PADI Seal Team programme is for our younger customers between the ages of 8-10, who want to learn how to dive. This programme is aimed at kids who are looking for action packed fun in the pool by doing exciting scuba ‘Aqua Missions’. These missions integrate games and fun underwater activities whilst at the same time teaching them the basic scuba diving skills. It’s a chance for them to do some cool stuff in the pool, make new friends, and share in the adventure of the underwater world. Our experienced, CRB checked, PADI Instructors conduct the PADI Seal Team program in the pool at the Surrey Sports Park. Each session lasts between 60 – 90 minutes.
Open to kids aged 8 years and over who can swim. There is a PADI Medical Form to complete. This is a self assessment but requires a doctors covering note if any of the questions on the form are answered with a YES. Click here to read through the form.
What You Will Learn:
There are five ‘Aquamissions’ to complete. These involve using full scuba equipment and utilise the shallow and deep end of the pool.
• How to enter the water. • Learning to breathe from a regulator. • How to equalize your ears and mask. • Keep a check on your air supply.
• Regulator removal and recovery whilst bubble blowing. • Hand signal communication. • Learning a proper ascent.
• How to inflate and deflate BCD. • Learning how to clear a partially flooded mask. • Breathing from an alternate air source
• How to recover a regulator from behind the shoulder. • Learning how to fin pivot. • Learning how to hover.
• How to blast-clear a snorkel. • Learning snorkel and regulator exchange with face in the water. • Swimming in scuba gear breathing from a snorkel
Once you have completed Aquamissions 1 – 5 you will become a member of the PADI Seal Team! Upon successfully completing 10 additional specialty Aquamissions students become Master Seal Team Members. Further Aquamissions include Creature ID Specialist, Environmental Specialist, Navigation Specialist, Search and Recovery Specialist, Snapshot Specialist. Check out the cool video below!
£189.00 Per student this includes use of all equipment, the Seal Team Crewpack: Aquamission Activity Book , DVD, Aquamission Log book, Certificate, Sticker, Member Card Application. Every Seal Team participant gets to take home their own mask, snorkel and fins. We run these sessions over a series of weeks. We realise that sometimes the dates dont fit in with parents busy schedules so we are happy for kids to join any of the relevant mission sessions with the proviso that the whole 5 missions are completed over 6 months from the date of the first Aqua Mission being completed.
For course dates please see the ‘Activities’ section to the right of this page or call 01483 279879